Monday, April 21, 2008

A Good Week

I deleted that last post because it was just really dumb. But I have decided to keep the blog going for the fam to look at, and whoever else wants to but usually that's about it.

I have had a great week! It started off terrible though. The office I work at was closed last week so I wanted to try to go home and see my sisters and the kids but tickets were so expensive. So Merisa (whose kids I babysit for) offered to let me use one of her buddy passes since she works for Continental. The only catch was that I had to fly standby. So Sunday night I headed to the airport to catch a midnight flight. Well it was too full so I didn't make it on but another one was leaving really early in the morning so I slept (and I use the term "slept" loosely) and after trying, unsucessfully, to catch the 5:30 and 6:45 flights, I finally gave up and called Anthony to pick me up. I was so down after getting mine and my sisters hopes up so much and went home feeling pretty dejected. When Anthony came home later from work and saw how sad I was and heard how sad my sisters were I expected him to say something like "Yeah, its too bad but we need that money for this and that and you can go some other time, etc." but instead he surprised me by saying "Just get it. We can afford it and you and your sisters want you to go so bad, I want you to go." Anthony isn't a stingy man but he is usually so rational and careful when it comes to money and not prone to buying an expensive plane ticket on the spur of the moment. However, he also knows what a priority it is for me to go home as much as possible. Just reminding me again of how lucky a wife I am.

And a lucky Aunt who got to meet this new little girl



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of three beautiful babies!

Debbie said...

i am glad you were able to go and that little girl is adorable!

Schwab Family said...

She is Beautiful. I am so excited to be having a girl too. By the way you are really lucky to have anthonyas a husband not only is he sweet he is soooo hot. :) Love you kelly

hillyers said...

She is a beautiful girl. I am glad you were able to go.. Miss you!!