Emmy moved back out to Utah so I flew to Michigan and drove back here with her. It was actually tons of fun. We stopped the first night in Sioux City, IA and stayed with my best friend, Vida Lee and her family. It was so fun to see her again and Chase and Carl and to meet Kaylee (is that how you spell it Vida?). I forgot how much fun it is to just sit up late and talk with her. Although late used to be 3 or 4 in the morning, not 11:00. The next morning it was a long drive through South Dakota where we stopped in DeSmet and the Laura Ingalls homestead, which I have always wanted to do belive it or not. We stopped the second night in what must be the coldest city in America, Rapid City. Then in the morning we went to Mt. Rushmore, which was interesting and worth driving an extra hour out of the way to see (but not much more). Anyway, I love having Emmy back and it was fun to go on adventures together again.
Vida, Chase, Kaylee and Carl
4 comments:
I am so envious! I have always wanted to see Laura's Homestead. My family went after I was already married and I wasn't invited. Total bummer!!
Looks like a fun road trip. I am glad you got to go.
Thanks for posting the nerd-o pic of me in my glasses.
Remember when I made you pluck your mole hair in South Dakota? That was my favorite part of the trip. Good times.
I love you, and I'm glad you came with me.
So one of the last pictures you two totally look like twins!! You take some cool pics. When you get your camera you want you should go into the photography business.
Hahahaha - I love the pictures. Emily as Pa!? And Emily, I don't think I've ever seen you in your glasses. Cute!
Post a Comment