Monday, January 21, 2008

I read it, so sue me

So yeah, I jumped on that band wagon and I'm not proud. I get why people like it but I don't get why they love it. It wasn't the most rewarding literary experience I've ever had but it was entertaining. I am team Jacob, I guess. Edward is such a nerdy old man. And what is with the khaki skirt? What teenage girl wears a khaki skirt? I have never seen a cute khaki skirt in my life. It was distracting. Remember when Carrie Bradshaw made fun of Berger's character in his novel that ran all over NYC in a scrunchie? I feel the same way about Bella and her khaki skirt.

4 comments:

Kelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hi sister. Maybe some people like khaki skirts. But now they are probably offended and may not be reading your blog anymore. :)

I love you and I miss you. Blog Blog Blog.

Kelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carla said...

i read this and thought it was great!

In regards to this assertion,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:

Stephenie Meyer has created a male character who embodies just about everything that makes girls swoon. I mean, not only is Edward unbelievably gorgeous, he's also fabulously wealthy, wonderfully attentive, kind, and romantic. Plus, he was born in 1901, meaning he has the manners and vocabulary of a more refined age, and has had decades to learn and develop his talents.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I thought I'd share my brother's opinion (who has, in fact read a book in the series, unlike myself):
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:

The reason why Edward has become such a romantic figure is because he acts like a girl. There, I said it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I was privy to a conversation describing some of Edward's actions (i.e. being happy to hold Bella as she weeps over her love for another man) and I quickly concluded that Edward had no basis in any actual real human male.

AMEN!