she kept closing the eye that she put up to the viewer thingie
I will post more pictures (cause I am sure that is what my fans want) of the natural beauty that is Mackinac Island but for now a quick rundown of what we did, between the freezing cold rain showers that day. We started the day off right by getting one of those cornball old-time family photos where we all dressed up and posed for a sepia picture. Emmy got this idea in her head that it would be fun and funny and it was. I'll post it someday when I buy a scanner. Its pretty funny. Angie thinks she looks good in the old time.
We ate, looked in shops, bought fudge (they are famous for it there), went on a horse and buggy tour around the island, shopped some more. The funnest was when Emmy, Anthony and I rented bikes and rode around the island, which is a flat 8.3 miles, one of the stops being the Somewhere In Time monument. Have you ever seen that movie? It was filmed on the island and in the Grand Hotel there. Starring Miss Jane Seymour and Christopher Reeve. Its an okay movie unless you love the island, then its great. There are no cars whatsoever on the island, you get around by horse and buggy or by bike. Anyway, I love the island, it was beautiful, even in the cold rain. Thanks for planning it Emmy.
2 comments:
Hi Kelly,
Emily sent me your blog link and I think it is two funny. You really managed to capture essence of Michigan. The photos from the garage sale and the one of Ally trying to look through the telescope are my favorites. I was also glad to see I made it onto the page (that picture was really my favorite but I thought it would be conceded if I said so ; ).
Your blog now has a new fan!!!
wow, more posts... i love it!
you took great pictures, it makes me want to visit there someday.
Post a Comment