Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Bringing Chad Home

Anthony and I have been trying to adopt for quite a while now. Between a slow social worker and having to put plans on hold several times due to finances, it has been about two years since we started the process. So we were happy when we finally found Heart to Heart Adoptions and filled out our application. We thought we were finally ready to go and it might finally happen for us until Anthony came home one night and told me he didn't have a job! Huff Trucking was no longer. Needless to say, we were pretty upset. Not only about his being out of work but this also meant putting our plans on hold again. A week later we got a call from Heart to Heart saying we had been approved and were ready to go. I didn't know what to say or do so for the time being, I didn't say anything. Anthony spent all his time the next couple weeks looking for a new job and interviewing and we desperately tried to stay positive. About 3 weeks later I got a voicemail from Heart to Heart saying they had a baby boy available and would we like them to show the birth mother our profile? I didn't know what to do and was totally freaking out since we couldn't say yes if Anthony was unemployed so I left work early and went home to wait for him. He got home an hour later saying he had a job offer, so when the agency called again we told them to go ahead and show our profile. To cut to the end, after meeting with the birth mother, Cindy, she chose us and we brought our new baby boy home on Monday, March, 29th. Talk of miracles. Heavenly Father did not forget us and I know He never will.


4 comments:

Emily said...

Baby Chad is rad.

Elizabeth Downie said...

That's a really sweet story - it brought tears to my eyes (at work)! I'm so happy for you guys.

Anonymous said...

We are so happy things worked out for you guys finally!!

stephanie said...

don't laugh at me, but I totally think Chad looks like Foed.

You know I love baby Chad.