Saturday, June 21, 2008

Remember how I said I wouldn't put tons of pictures up of my dog?

Well I lied. I love animals now, I can't help it. The other day I was driving to the Goldings and I saw a kitty on the side of the road and it was hurt. It had been hit and it was dying. Very sad but I have no heart so I didn't stop (what could I have done?). Later, as I was driving 4 very naughty kids (that day, anyway) to dance, school, violin, etc., I saw the kitty in the same spot only it was lying in the road and had died. Well, I lost it. I got out of the car, crying, mind you, and picked it up and moved it off the road into the grass. No, not on someone's lawn, it was in the country. But yes, I picked up a dead cat. What the heck has happened to me? I don't even like cats! Lilly is licking my ankle right now, and I'm not even grossed out. I even let her on my bed and I like it. I have seriously crossed over to the other side.
On another note, I have finished The Complete Novels Of Jane Austen Volume II. I highly recommend all 6. Well, not so much Northanger Abbey. Now I am beginning Henry James' The Portrait of a Lady. I just bought a book of letters between Edith Wharton and him and I want to read some of his stuff before I read that one. I've read plenty of hers and loved it all except Ethan Frome.
I love summer! Laying by a pool in the hot sun and reading a good book. Or napping. It doesn't get any better than that! Unless you add some yard sales into that day.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

oh my word, i miss you! i wish i read as much as you do, you are awesome! and yes you have crossed over to the dark side with animals. i am so shocked! but happy for you.

Heather said...

oh my gosh - that picture of Lilly is too stinkin' cute! I say post away...the more pictures of her the better. I'm going to have to show this one to Gracie. I can't believe you picked up a dead cat. That is a sure sign that you have crossed over to the dark side.

Anonymous said...

seriously...you post pictures of your dog, but none of me. i may live miles and miles away, but i am still cooler than your dog. where's the love?