
These dishes are my new sick obsession. Collecting and e-bay are both dangerously addictive. As most of you know, I grew up in the midwest. This means a strong love of yard sales, antique malls and flea markets is deeply embedded in me and as a midwestern girl I am required to collect something, anything. I think its a law, but I'm not sure. My mom collects books, Nancy Drew, Hardy Boys, Miss Pickerel, etc. My Aunt Patty collects special edition Barbies. They all collect anything Mary Poppins, Aunt Kathy collects pink depression-era glassware, you get the picture. My Grandma, Mom and her four sisters spend a lot of time together and apart antique-ing, looking for pieces to their collections. This is just to give you a little insight into my family and me.When I was home last Christmas my Grandma gave me the set of blue nesting bowls pictured. They may not look super-cute to some of you and you may not see anything special about them but they are exciting to me. They are Pyrex dishes from the 50's. My Grandma gave them to me because she had a similar set when she was first married in the 50's and she gave my mom and my aunts all sets when they were married. I don't know if my aunts have theirs still but my mom does. She's got a tan set and casserole dishes to match. My grandma got my sisters each a set as well in red and yellow. I have since added the other pieces to my collection.
The pink dishes are depression-era glassware in the Cherry Blossom pattern. They were produced from 1930-1937. My Aunt Kathy collects these and I've always thought they were so pretty. They can be expensive though, so my collection grows slowly.
So anyway, just proudly carrying on the Wilson and midwestern traditions! I heart antiques!
1 comment:
You are so funny! I cannot believe I have known you for 8 years and am still learning so much about you. I had no idea about Kirsten or your dishes.
Love ya!
Post a Comment