Monday, July 10, 2006

Rafting on the Nantahala

















Well, what can I say other than...I am an expert at white-water rafting! Anthony and I went with our friends Ryan, Emily, Han and Daniel this weekend rafting in North Carolina. It was so fun! The mountains are so beautiful, I love it up there. I could never live there though, those back-woods baptists don't take too kindly to Mormons I hear. Or Yankees. Yes, they still use that word in the south quite a lot. I'll admit, I was a little scared before we went...until I saw the Nantahala. It's a level 2-3, which is not scary at all. But then I got scared all over again when we got the speech from the guide beforehand warning us about all the things that can go wrong. But once we were out on the river, I was calm again because it was very tame. I'm pretty much ready for the expert levels now since I am an expert!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

That looks like so much fun and that is something I have always wanted to do.